I love Thanksgiving.
It is my hands down favorite holiday, and dreadfully under-rated.
It is all the things that I love in a family activity...

Everyone's hands can be busy accomplishing something (cooking/eating/cleaning up)

Visiting with busy hands (my brain is better at visiting when my hands are busy)

(secret learned from my Grandmother, cook your crusts upside down, this requires 2 pans FYI, and they won't shrink)

Eating good, special food.
PIE!

It's low key and inexpensive.
Put all that together with hours of reflecting on just how blessed we are... and I don't think you can come up with anything better.

(what filling defeating crust looks like...)
Today is Pie Day at our house.
Pumpkin, Apple-Walnut, Raspberry-Peach, Logan Berry, chocolate cream, vanilla cream,
a pumpkin custard and a peach crisp (because Lissa should get Thanksgiving desert too).
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!
It is all the things that I love in a family activity...
Everyone's hands can be busy accomplishing something (cooking/eating/cleaning up)
Visiting with busy hands (my brain is better at visiting when my hands are busy)
(secret learned from my Grandmother, cook your crusts upside down, this requires 2 pans FYI, and they won't shrink)
Eating good, special food.
PIE!
It's low key and inexpensive.
Put all that together with hours of reflecting on just how blessed we are... and I don't think you can come up with anything better.
(what filling defeating crust looks like...)
Today is Pie Day at our house.
Pumpkin, Apple-Walnut, Raspberry-Peach, Logan Berry, chocolate cream, vanilla cream,
a pumpkin custard and a peach crisp (because Lissa should get Thanksgiving desert too).
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment