Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Diligence

The beginning of this month was General Conference: which means instead of heading to church, we spent the weekend parked in front of our computer getting a good dose of inspiration and encouragement.
2 things always happen to me during General Conference, 1) I decide that I am going to do a better job of studying all the talks that were given over the next 6 months (general conference happens twice a year) and 2) I fall asleep half way through the Saturday session. ALWAYS.
Next week (Easter) is Stake Conference... similar to General Conference, but local instead of the whole church.

6 months ago at our last Stake Conference our Stake President asked us to focus on developing an attribute of Christ. I prayed about it and thought about myself and then chose diligence. Because as my semi-annual goal/nap indicate, I am consistent... not diligent.

Can I just be honest. The only thing I have been diligent at the last 6 months is probably not being diligent. I didn't forget what I was trying to do. I am just not good at following through- my laundry room is an unfortunate testament to that.

So even though I am sure that President Francis is going to give us another assignment this coming weekend- I am going to keep working on my diligence too- because that is diligent...

No comments:

Post a Comment